Wednesday 14 May 2008

Eventastic

I've had a great couple of weeks doing events since the book came out. Hexham. Leeds. Bury. Oldham. Manchester. Shropshire. White City. Winchester.

I love it. I get to do see which parts of the country are the best at football quizzes and taking penalties.

The best penalty taker I met was in Leeds. He got his first three past me. His mum said 'You're rubbish.' That cut me up. I managed to save his next two shots.

Overall I'd say the further north you go, the more people know about football. That is, they do better in the quiz. I'm not being North-biased, but Newcastle is defintely clued up about football. They win the top prize.

Can your town do any better? See the 'Meet Tom' section and come and have a go...

Leeds lost 2-1 to Carlisle on Monday. In the play off semis. I watched it in a Brighton hotel, away with work. It was depressing - but we could get it back tomorrow night. As I sat in a massive velvet arm chair I heard a woman behind me say 'Who are LU? They're not very good, are they?'

No comments: