Wednesday 4 November 2009

Lancashire

I'm doing Lancashire's Shout About Books festival this week. Events in Fleetwood, Knott End, Accrington and Burnley.

Even though I am from Yorkshire and am naturally wary of the North West, I always have a good time. Lancashire know how to put on a good event in a library.

It will be good to go to Burnley. I researched my Football Academy series at Burnley FC and they were very nice to me. They let me talk to under twelve players and their parents, plus the coaches.

I was in Springhill High, Rocddale yesterday, too. Six sessions with year eights. It must have been a good day. My wife told me to stop going on about it at eleven o'clock last night. The kids were great. Four of them even supported Rochdale.

By the way, there's a great book about Rochdale FC called Believe in the Sign. It's by Mark Hodkinson. It got longlisted for the William Hill sports book award last year, so it's not the fact that he lives up the hill from me that I'm recommending it. It's great. Italic

No comments: