Friday, 21 June 2013
Five tips to get young Lions reading
Here are five tips to do just that:
1. Deliver a newspaper to the door of your Lions fan, with breakfast in bed, encouraging them to sit and study the form at ease.
2. Invest in the Official Lions magazine or this month's Rugby World (both pictured), even giving them that tonight as bedtime reading.
3. If you can't follow the game on Sky TV or on TalkSport (I can't: I'll be at my daughter's dance class), you can follow it on the BBC website, Twitter feed or their sports App.
4. Borrow or buy one of the lavish photographic histories of the Lions from your local bookshop or library.
5. Give them a copy of my, Tom Palmer's, book, Scrum! (pictured) to read before the next test on 29th. Or Gerard Siggins' Rugby Spirit or Dan Anthony's Rugby Zombies.
Australia v Lions kicks off at 11am on Saturday 22nd June. Enjoy the game! And the rugby reading!