I have been asked to do some work by the National Literacy Trust.
We wanted to build on the resources we produced around the World Cup in the summer, which led to over 100,000 downloads of a toolkit (aimed at using the tournament to encourage reading in schools and libraries) and free classroom read stories.
So, this autumn, NLT will have the following material on their website, launching in early September:
* a national writing competition where children in schools can finish a story started by me
* the toolkit, but updated so it is about all football, not just the World Cup
* eleven new football writing exercises, aimed at encouraging children to write around sport
* a set of free downloadable classroom-read stories for KS1, KS2 and KS3
The competition has several prizes for the children and their schools/libraries. They are:
* free author visits
* 200 copies of my books, signed
* one child to have a character named after them in my new series
This is a really exciting project. It will add to the quality stuff NLT have on their Reading the Game website.
If you need more info please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.