Monday 1 November 2010

What I'm Doing


I am writing a WW1 book with another author.


It's new for me. My books, to date, are contemporary and have a football background.


We are using a real story, but fictionalising it. This is the new thing. We know lots of facts and lots of people who were there, but not the content of their conversations and the details of their relationships.


So, now I'm plotting. Trying to stick to the story, but also trying to include regular cliff hangers, character development, excitement, etc. All this without corrupting the essential story.


By the end of the week we should have a solid plot. Then I'll need to do the edit on Foul Play 5, which I'm really looking forward to. All while reading up on Ukriane, Poland and Norway for the new series for 2012, The Squad, which Puffin are publishing.


I'm learning.

No comments: