Wednesday 9 May 2012

Black Op Book Launch

Last week saw me up in Newcastle launching Black Op.

I have just got this photo through of some children from one of the schools that attended.

The kids had won a writing competition and were given a copy of my book as a prize.

Most of them look pleased about that.

Also in the photo is Mike Williamson, the Newcastle defender. He kindly came along and took dozens of questions from the children.

Footballers get a bad press. Speeding fines. Racism. Cheating - on the pitch and off it. But I have met several footballers now and they have mostly been really nice men.

Mike Williamson was so good with the children - and with the adults. He talked about reading, about his children, about fitness and healthy living. I was very impressed.

Thanks to Newcastle Libraries and Benefield School for setting the event up. It was a pleasure to be there.

No comments: