Tuesday 7 April 2009

Football Academy

My new series, Football Academy is out this week. Two books: Boys United and Striking Out. It's great to see them on the shelves.

The series focuses on a Premier League under-twelve side. Each book is about a different boy and his progress at United. But each book also includes all the fourteen members of the squad.

I did a lot of research to get the books right. I went to Burnley FC to meet their academy players, parents and coaches. They were very helpful. I also talked to people at the FA.

Each story - I hope - shows what it is like to be an eleven-year-old playing at a Premier League academy. If you've ever fancied knowing what it's like, then it might be for you. It's not all fame and money. That's what I found out when I was researching the books.

No comments: