Thursday 16 April 2009

Ghana

I am going to start writing Football Detective 3 tomorrow. Or the planning.

This is the best bit. Anything is possible. The book is perfect in my head: because it's not on paper.

Part of the book is set in Ghana, home of the legendary footballer, Tony Yeboah, who I saw many times at Leeds in the nineties. If you want to see something amazing look on You Tube at his two goals against Liverpool and Wimbledon, both within a week, for Leeds. Awesome.

Today - after taking advice from Naomi - I booked my flights. To Ghana. I have to admit to being nervous. But that's part of the thrill of writing books. I was nervous going to Moscow to research the last book. But it was one of the best trips I've ever been on. And it means the book (Dead Ball, out in August this year) is more realistic, and hopefully better.

Naomi is sending me a list of Ghanaian novelists to read. I start to work out the plot tomorrow. Then lots of reading.

I love being an author. I love it.

No comments: