Sunday 7 June 2009

Back

I've had two weeks off with my family in Cornwall. On the beach. In the sun. Eating cream teas. Building spectacular sandcastles with my wife, as my daughter watched on, puzzled.

But now I'm back. This week I'm in Manchester, St Helens, York, St Helens (again), Basildon and London. I am looking forward to getting out there. Although I love writing most, I love hearing kids talking about what they like to read and taking penalties at me.

I was supposed to be writing in Cornwall. 20,000 words was my target. I managed 5,000. So now I've got some serious writing to do. I want to get the first draft done before I go to Ghana in July. Once I've been to Ghana I will have to change loads, but I need to get it down so I know what to look for in Ghana.

I have to admit I am a bit rusty. I need to do 2,000 words tomorrow on trains and in the cafe at Manchester's Victoria station.

I can't wait.

I have started two new blogs today. One about crimes in football. One about being a dad. I'm told I need to do more on line. Have a look. If you think they're rubbish let me know.

No comments: