Friday 9 October 2009

Cheltenham

I've had a great week in Huddersfield, Manchester, Surrey, Colchester and Gloucester. It's been Children's Book Week. And quite tiring.

Tomorrow I'm at Cheltenham Literature Festival. I'm very excited. One, because it's such a famous festival, so it's an honour to be here. And, two, because it's the first Reads United event with Helena Pielichaty, author of Girls FC. We've a few dates set up already and Cheltenham is our debut.

I'm in a posh hotel here in Cheltenham. I've already seen Michael Portillo (ex-politician, who could have been Tory leader) - at Paddington - and Hilary Mantel, newly crowned Booker winner in the hotel.

I went for a run this morning. And tonight. My new hobby. I am trying to be fitter. My calves ache like mad. I've overdone it. I'll probably have to be carried down to breakfast.

Looking forward to seeing Dan, Ben and Dan tomorrow.

No comments: