Friday 1 October 2010

Good Week

It's been a good week.

One, I signed a contract with Puffin for a brand new 9+ series. Two books. More information to follow soon. But it's going to involve an icy trip to the Arctic Circle in February.

Two, I got some royalties. I've not really had that before, so it feels great. That means (a) the books are selling okay and (b) I can afford to go to the Arctic Circle, with my family.

Three, I have just (ten minutes ago) finished a book that I wrote during September. It is is a short novel for children, 12,000 words long. Because I had time to write it without a book I needed to do, I thought I'd go for it. It is only at first draft stage. Now I need to read it to my daughter, let my wife critique it and also show it to Mrs Baker of Ghyllgrove Junior School, Basildon and my neighbour, Nikki. Both are great for giving honest and spot on advice.

The shocking news is: it's nothing to do with football!

Next, I would like to go out on my bike, but it's chucking it down. I think I'll go anyway...

No comments: