Sunday 1 January 2012

Night Running

I'm just back from my first night run, using the head torch I got for Christmas.

This is what Todmorden looks like from 1000 feet up.

I ran from a pub called the Shepherd's Rest up the hill to a small reservoir called Gaddings Dam.

Two and a half miles there and back. Not much. But it was slow going. I had to be sure to get my footfall right in the blackness. Also, I kept stopping to write notes.

To be honest, it wasn't as thrilling as I thought it'd be. But I think I need to build my confidence and do longer runs through the woods up there and round the larger reservoir. There are deer and all sorts up there.

I didn't feel in danger, running in the dark. But there was a strange sense that I shouldn't stop, that I should always be on the move.

No comments: