Tuesday 17 January 2012

Squad: White Fear

I have - at last - finished the second book in the Squad series, White Fear.

I delivered it last night.

It is the story of an English youth football team that tour the world to play in tournaments. But, secretly, five of them are spies.

In White Fear they take on oil drillers and global warming deniers in the Arctic Circle. Before WW3 breaks out.

It's a nice feeling, finishing a book. Now, for a while, I can catch up with some other things, not obsess on how to cram writing hours into busy days.

However, it's not really over. In a couple of weeks I am expecting a strong edit from Puffin.

I've already had a couple of thoughts about what its weaknesses are...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy to read, as always, Tom. It would get me back to reading as it's a bit difficult at the moment... but always enjoy books books for young people, especially yours. Nikki x

Paul said...

Think these will be great books for children Tom, you can be assured that I'll be getting them into the hands of my readers. Football Academy doing good business in Neath schools right, got a new group wanting Scrum today and there is a big Tom Palmer display up at Cwrt Sart. Thought you'd like to know!

Tom Palmer said...

Thanks Paul. That's very good to know. Hope I can come down again soon. I always enjoy it at your place. Good to see Swansea doing so well.

Tom Palmer said...

Thanks Paul. That's very good to know. Hope I can come down again soon. I always enjoy it at your place. Good to see Swansea doing so well.