There are a lot of free literacy resources on my website that you can download and use in schools and libraries.
My background - before writing - was in reader development, so I sometimes come up with new ideas for ways of encouraging reading for pleasure.
The most downloaded materials on the website are:
* Spy writing intervention pack. Six classroom sessions about how to run a spy ring from your school.
* Love Football: Love Reading. Ideas for promoting reading for pleasure through activities, events, book groups and displays.
* The Danger Academy. A five part story with cliff hangers to be read over a week in class.
* Ten top tips for parents to help their children get into reading for pleasure.
This is a more general idea of what is on there:
* videos of me reading passages from my books, with comprehension questions
* fun activity packs with puzzles, games and predictions
* free stories
* ideas for using football and rugby to engage reluctant readers
* articles by literacy experts about different techniques in encouraging reading for pleasure
* and a lot more
If you need any advice on where to find things, please email me direct on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also see my previous blog about free posters and display materials that I have available.