Monday 20 September 2010

Ridgeway School



I was at Ridgeway School in Maidenhead today. And it was brilliant. I worked with reception to year six. I did my football reading game with most years and they all seemed to like it.

They looked after me superbly. Two coffees, a hot choc, a lovely lunch and even a school Leeds fan, who insisted on staying in goal, as his arm bled following a nasty carpet burn. That's Leeds fans for you. He was a hero. Leeds fans worldwide would have been proud of him.

Unusually for me, I read a story to reception and years one and two. I chose Dogger by Shirley Hughes. It brought back great memories of reading Shirley Hughes to my daughter. I love her stuff.

The picture above is the World Cup wall Ridgeway did around my World Cup story.

Thanks for a great day, Ridgeway.

No comments: