Friday 7 January 2011

Sometimes I don’t think a book I am writing is going to be a real published book until someone else says what they think of it. I work on my own, developing a story; and, half the time, think it is a load of rubbish and that no-one is going to want to read it.

I’ve been writing a book about WW1. It is a bit different to what I normally do. And it has been challenging. Because it is set in a real time with real people, I have to make sure I get my facts right.

In the Foul Play series, I want it be like the real football world, but I don’t need to stick to what happened on, say, 31 March 1914. In this new book I do.

Maybe I’m no good at that. Maybe I’m kidding myself.

So, this lunchtime, I was sat with a much-respected author, his agent and my agent in a relatively posh restaurant and they tell us they love the book we are writing together, they think it’s going to be really good.

So now I feel better. I suppose it's about confidence.

No comments: